Low protein “almond” panna cotta with cherry sauce

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• Low protein “almond” panna cotta with cherry sauce

here is a low protein (and gluten free) version of a classic Italian dessert. Just in time for those hot summer days!

Low protein “almond” panna cotta with cherry sauce
      1 cup water
      5 scoops Milupa lp drink
      1 tbsp agar-agar flakes
      5 cherries
      5 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp sugar
      ½ tsp almond extract
      Fresh mint leaf for garnish

In a saucepan on low heat warm up the water. Continuously whisking add Lp-drink powder, agar flakes, 1 tbsp sugar and almond extract. Bring to boil and whisk until all agar flakes are completely dissolved. Carefully pour the mixture into serving glass, chill at room temperature and then refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until set. While the panna cotta is setting, take the cherries, place them into a small sauce pan, cover with sugar and slowly heat, mixing gently with a wooden spoon on low heat for 5-10min, until all sugar is melted and runny syrup is formed. Take the sauce pan off the heat and let it rest until it completely cools down.
      To serve, spoon completely cooled down cherry sauce on top of the panna cotta and decorate with mint leaf. Note: this dessert defies gravity and if left in refrigerator for a few hours the cherry sauce will sink to the bottom of the glass, letting the solid panna cotta part float up. It tastes great no matter where the sauce is located.

makes 1 serving

per serving: 1.1g protein, 25mg Phe
      Carpe Diem!
    • This looks brilliant! I'm totally going to try this! I wonder if it would work with almond milk (1g protein per 200mL serving) as well. I love trying out new things so this is next on my list!

I've made a panna cotta type dessert previously, instead of using agar-agar (Since I didn't have it at the time, I used a recipe that used cornflour to help it set. Instead of prozero I used the same amount of made up Milupa. It is amazing! If you try it though, don't skip the part where you have to
      'liquidise' the mix, otherwise it becomes grainy and lumpy. I used a stick blender and it worked great!

uk.vitafloweb.com/files/2012/02/Panna-Cotta.pdf

Can't wait to try this new recipe. I'll let you know how it goes for me :)
      "You said I know that this will hurt
      But if I don't break your heart
      Then things will just get worse
      If the burden seems too much to bear
      Remember, the end will justify the pain it took to get us there"

~Relient K~