What is a perfect PKU App?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• First of all an App that gives you a list of the protein and phe in food, let's you calculate and compose a recipe/meal. Compose a daily intake in foods. Let's you share the recipes and data. And if the connection is secure share blood levels and these data with your clinician.
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • I wish this app was visually friendly and has intuitive hadling and be available for all operating systems.

I would like it to:
      - have a possibility to add your suggested daily intake of PHE, proteins and calories
      - have a list of foods along with the content of protein, PHE and colories
      - have a possibility to add new products along with the content of protein, PHE and calories
      - allow you to have a diary of what have you eaten each day and how did you manage to fufill you intake
      - allows you to add dishes that you eat frequently with the contents of proteins, PHE and calories so instead of adding ingredients you add a whole dish.
      Many PKU recipes and information on various benefits for PKUers and families with kids with PKU.
      Language: Polish
      Visit: pkufamily.com
    • @Gosia and @Mfresh personally I don’t like apps where you can keep track of your levels and discuss the right path to follow that are created by industry. It is never 100% clear what data they collect and how they use it and to what end. Privacy and transparency should both be number 1 and guaranteed for 100%.
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • @MfreshI know PKU Licznik by Polish division of Nutricia and I tried it but its constant fauilures discouraged me from using it. I have lost whole data I put there - I had many dishes for which I had PHE, protein and calories fixed and when it crashed for the third time I decided to stop using it.

@Paul on PKU Licznik you just count and monitor your menu and daily intake of PHE, proteins and calories. You can`t monitor blood levels.
      Many PKU recipes and information on various benefits for PKUers and families with kids with PKU.
      Language: Polish
      Visit: pkufamily.com