PHE Level in blood when baby is sick

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• PHE Level in blood when baby is sick

Hi Everybody,

I need your advice , because blood test results increased this week despite the diet. My daughter was sick and she even did not receive the amount of protein she was allowed to, much less. usually her PHY level is from 0.7 to maximum 3.1 and last test showed 9.1 :panic: Does any if you have this kind of experience. any advice will be much appreciated.

have a nice day,

BR

Dimitri
    • Hi Dimitri;

When you are sick the phe levels are always elevated and can be very high. The only thing to do is to have her eat as much allowed foods and try if she takes her formula. Once she is well again the levels will return to normal, provided she sticks to her diet (or you help her to do so, i don't know how old your daughter is).

Cheers;

Paul
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • Thank you Paul for the prompt reply, unfortunately here in Georgia we have only one doctor working with PKU children and usually her answers are creating more questions :) for example I don't have clear answer concerning should I give her her formula when she is sick or can we make short break with that. my daughter is 18 months old

thank you again for your reply,

all the best,

Dimitri
    • Hi Dimitri;

Your daughter needs her formula, as it gives her the nutrients she lacks because she does not get normal food. I know it can be challenging especially when she is ill.

By the way are you a member of the PKU organisation in Georgia ?

Cheers;

Paul
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.