Flavoured cous cous?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• Flavoured cous cous?

When I was a kid I remember trying a low protein cous cous - perhaps a sachet mix? - which was flavoured, and I loved it. It was the first time I'd ever heard of cous cous. I never had it again, and the only cous cous I can find on product lists is just plain.

My parents don't seem to remember it and Googling has failed me, but I found a PKU menu the other day I devised when I was little and one of the items was "lamb, mint and tomato cous cous", so it definitely did exist. Thinking back, it could have been an import (I live in the UK) or perhaps a product that failed a trial period or was discontinued, which would explain why I can't find it now.

Anyway, does anyone know of it, or can remember it? If it's an import, I would really like to know how I can get some!
      Considering going back on diet. Would appreciate all the help I can get!
    • Hi Alexannah;

To my knowledge there is only just plain low protein couscous on the market. The normal couscous, depending on what brand you choose, is not very high in protein. In the Netherlands I found a Turkish brand that contains 4 grams of protein per 100 gram.

Greets;
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.