how do you keep them steady?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• Hi Maria;

My levels are mostly around 300 - 400 umol/l and luckily I don't have to eat the same food all the time ;) That would be super boring. One thing you can do is stick to the same amount of food you consume and if you have trouble with that you can always use a scale to weigh your food. Another tip would be to use veggies you know very well, you can make a lot of various dishes with that and of course use spices to the max ! to give your food flavor :) If you want to explore new foods, read the labels or the food tables (with fresh food) you get from your dietician and use that food as a substitute for other food. I have to follow my own tips though, last result was 706 umol/l 8| ;(
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • good tips. My levels vary from low 300s to high 400s. Before it even went up to 500s, but the last several tests were within the 450-300 range. my problem is that I hate snacks, and it seems that it's exactly what keeps my levels low and more or less steady. I have to always remind myslef to eat something at 10-11 in the morning and at 4-5 in the evening.
      so will try your method, see how it works. by the way got another tip from you - to keep in the fridge all sorts of toppings for low pro bread - it makes for a quick and tasty snack.
      Carpe Diem!