Who is using GMP / Bettermilk

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• Who is using GMP / Bettermilk

Hi;

Who of you is using GMP / Bettermilk ? I found it at the ESPKU in Denmark at the Cambrooke stand. (http://www.cambrookefoods.com/products/bettermilk/) Now I found it also in Europe at Arla : http://www.arlafoodsingredients.com/products/milk-protein--minerals/caseinoglycomacropeptide-/ and for contact : http://www.arla.com/contact/

And of course if you use it, what are your experiences ?

Greets;
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • Bettermilk is not available in the Netherlands and I don't see it becoming available soon. At the last ESPKU in Poland I talked to Cambrooke and asked for scientific articles to get insight into the quality of their products. They had articles on the stand at the ESPKU but they confirm that more development has to be done as it is lacking in certain amino acids. I asked them for additional articles and none have been provided so far.

They are looking to open a branch in (most likely) Germany, but that doesn't mean you can get the formula as it needs to be registered in the Netherlands and included in the Z-index so it will be covered by your insurance company.

In my opinion, based on the articles provided by Cambrooke, Bettermilk / GMP is no substitute for the existing formulas as quality is not up to par.
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • As the Chief Medical and Commercial officer of Cambrooke, I completely respect the ban on advertising in this forum.However I wanted to quickly clarify one small point. Only one of our three GMP containing products available in the US does not contain a few vitamins and minerals due to its isotonic nature, however they all contain amino acids appropriate for PKU.
      There are also several clinical trials (completed and ongoing) and manuscripts that I can provide folks if you would like to email me, to respect the forums no advertising policy. I could then send to you any information on product nutrients and ingredients.

kind regards,
      Blair Robertson, DPhil (Oxon), MBA.
      CCO and CMO, Cambrooke Foods
      Ayer, MA USA
      brobertson@cambrookefoods.com
    • I am on Bettermilk and the new low calorie Lime Coolers, I tend to have 2 of each a day. I love being on the Bettermilk, I quite often have two sachets mixed with fruit for a smoothie or Cadbury Chocolate Drink Mix (Mint flavoured) or SugarFree drinking chocolate which is sweetened with stevia for breakfast and it will fill me up until lunch. When mixed with other flavourings it really just tastes like a milkshake or smoothie, not formula and I find that when I have Bettermilk I'm not tempted to snack as much. Oh and there are no horrible aftertastes! I think that speaks for itself!

I've also tried some of the Bettermilk recipes on the Cambrooke site - I particularly like the Chocolate Custard dessert. Its nice to include formula as part of the meal and eat it. With summer coming up I'm looking to try some of the popsicle/frozen recipies on the site.

I have also found that Bettermilk mixes quite well with Kahlua and Tia Maria for luxurious adult only beverage. I'm not sure if this is reccomended but it sure is one way to get me to drink my formula (which I tend to try and avoid at all costs haha). Someone was going to try sooner or later... And I have got other cocktail recipes I want to try and modify for Bettermilk as well haha.

The one downer I and my dietitan have about Bettermilk is the ratio of calories to the amount of protein (I think due to the fact that it is marketed towards teens/kids who need those extra calories for growth etc). There is approx 160 calories (plus whatever flavouring I add) and only 15g protein. I have to get at least 60g protein a day and if my formula was just Bettermilk it would take up almost half of my calorie intake. It would be great if Cambrooke could work out a way to up the protein content to maybe 20 or 25g protein and keep that calorie level as it is, but in saying that I'm pretty happy to have only 2 a day with the Lime Coolers (which are 99cal and 20g protein) which don't taste too bad anyway.

Basically overall I love Bettermilk, and I think it is probably the best formula I've ever tried and I really hope it gets distributed everywhere for everyone to at least try. I mean, who could say no to a chocolate milkshake for breakfast haha?
      "You said I know that this will hurt
      But if I don't break your heart
      Then things will just get worse
      If the burden seems too much to bear
      Remember, the end will justify the pain it took to get us there"

~Relient K~