petit mal seizures and PKU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• petit mal seizures and PKU

I am 47 yrs old...have Classical PKU and awhiel ago now..about 1 yr ago..I had what I now think might have been a petit mal seizure...i was at karate class..working w/ my instructor...he was showiong me a pressure point...when he touched me..my head went back...nad i literally did not see for a few seconds...it was ...humiliating...awkward....we eventually just resumed the class..have never talked about it since...is this really what you might think was a peetit mal or absence seizure...Im beginning to wonder..

PS--no icident has happened since then; I have talked to my Dr and she doesnt seem tot hink its a problem.. Im just not 100% at ease with that...
    • Hi,
      I would definately be more aware of this. High levels can cause seizures and theres so many types that some arent easy to spot. I would talk to your gp about your concerns and maybe be referrred to a neurologist or a scan ( mri, ct) will tell you more.
      I have developed epilepsy after 14 years off diet as well as other problems, any damage to the brain by PKU is irreversible. Be careful

Nina Kernahan
    • Hi

How concerning for you I would definitely get it checked out. I have a lot of symptoms which are basically the same if the Phe levels are high or too low. My Phe levels are never too low! I ate some fairy floss last Sunday at the movies and just felt so tired and had to close my eyes obviously calories is one think that I shouldn't have. :) Good luck