frequency of blood testing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are happy to see you visit us as a guest.
    Some functions require a free registration. Become a member!

• frequency of blood testing

I am 48 rys odl and have classical PKU...at this point i do my diet...am allowd the most i have ever been allowed...because i have tremors in left arm and hand..they tell em to take my blood only once every 2 months...i have the paper at thoem here...am thinking of just taking it on myself and doing my blood in liek 3 wks or somehting ..to keep on top of the levels...
    • Hi Terri;

Taking frequent samples to keep on top of your levels is good. Once you got them in the right range, and you feel comfortable with it, you can take them with bigger intervals (every 4 weeks and then every 5, etc).

Greets;
      Paul van Berkel
      Veldhoven, The Netherlands
      ESPKU Boardmember / Project manager
      paul.van.berkel@espku.org
      espku.org

Don't complain about the snow on your neighbor's roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
    • I agree with Paul and Gregor, however, the limiting factor is the test papers - I've been told at my clinic that they are very expensive, however every time I ask for new batch they always send it to me. So no problems. I take my blood about every month. that gives me a more or less good idea of where I am, and if any adjustments are needed.
      Carpe Diem!